TERMS & CONDITIONS
REGISTRATION AND FEES
A Registration Form must be completed for every child who enrols for classes. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure Motion Dance Academy are notified immediately of any changes.
Please contact Miss Mollie directly to enquire about cost of classes and multi discipline discount.
Fees are payable termly. Full Payment should be paid by the end of the first week of term.
Any spare places which have not been booked by the end of the first class of term, may be given to new pupils.
If fees remain unpaid by the second class of term, a £5 surcharge will be applied. If fees remain unpaid by the third class of term, your child will not be able to join the class. (Special arrangements can be made if you discuss any issues with Miss Mollie in advance.)
Termly fees vary based on how many classes in the term. Any increase in class fees will be notified to you by email at least one term in advance of any increased fee being implemented.
Payment can be made:
• By credit or debit card via our website.
• By bank transfer, details can be found on our registration form.
• You can also pay by giving Miss Mollie exact money cash in a sealed envelope with the amount and your child’s name written on it.
Discounts are available for Children attending multiple disciplines of dance, please enquire for further pricing information.
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS / NOTICE PERIOD
No refunds will be given due to not being able to attend class, except under exceptional circumstances and at Miss Mollie’s discretion.
If we have to cancel a class that you have paid for, we aim to offer another class instead (this is usually done by extending the term by one further week). Otherwise we will credit you with a class for the following term’s fees.
PLEASE NOTE: Please notify Motion Dance Academy before the first week of term by email or in writing if your son/daughter is not intending on returning, or you will be invoiced for that half term.
We aim to keep class times constant for all pupils but sometimes, changing a class time and/or venue is unavoidable. We aim to give a 1/2 term’s notice of such changes. If, however, we have to change a class time/venue at short notice and your child has to leave the class because of this, the rule for notice period (above) will be waived as appropriate.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMING
We do take photos and video footage of the children/adults from time to time and use it to help with marketing for the school. The photos may be used on our website and/or social media. Please indicate clearly on the registration form when enrolling in a class if you do not allow us to take such photos of yourself or your child.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Children should arrive promptly, correctly dressed and attend classes regularly. If hair is long enough to do so it should be tied back in a bun, French plait or similar. Fringes should be pinned back off of the face.
Children should wear the correct uniform for class. New pupils may attend no more than their first 3 classes with incorrect uniform. Details of uniform requirements and current uniform ordering process is available on request from Miss Mollie, or see our website here.
Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform the staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
During class, children are expected to listen and focus and we discourage any unnecessary talking, most of the time. (Although there will be times when the atmosphere is more relaxed). If a child is causing disruption they may be asked to leave the lesson.
You/your children are responsible for your/your children’s belongings. We request you name items of uniform. Although we will store any lost property that we find after class, we cannot be liable for lost or damaged property.
CHILD SAFETY POLICY
CHILD SAFETY POLICY
Our teachers are responsible for your children’s safety while in class, for the duration of the class itself. Please ensure you are waiting for your child at the end of their class. Children should be picked up from the studio entrance. You should make sure your child understands that if for any reason you are not there when they finish class, they must come back into the studio and wait for you while watching the next class. Children are welcome to wait for you in the hall with me. However, it should be noted, attention and focus will be on the current dance class and Motion Dance Academy cannot be responsible for the care of your child outside of paid class time. If your child is under 10 years old and they are being collected by someone else, you must inform Miss Mollie in advance. If your child is 10 years or older and they inform us that they are going home with a friend who we know, we will trust your child. Please inform us if you are not happy with this policy.
Appropriate footwear should be worn at all times. Bags and belongings should be placed at the side of the room so not to create a hazard.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Motion Dance Academy will promote and maintain the welfare of every child in our care and seeks to protect them from harm regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other form of identity or creed. We will create a safe and welcoming environment for all. To protect children in our care we will:
– Value and respect children and listen to what they have to say
– Ensure all required checks are made when hiring staff, and ensure that those in regular contact with children will hold a current DBS check.
– Ensure any staff have appropriate training for the work they do at Motion Dance Academy. The school takes the long-term physical well-being of students very seriously and strives to ensure that Dance training will strengthen and improve physical health, and never be harmful to children’s growing bodies.
– Take responsibility for children’s safety when in our care
– Seek permission from parents before taking photographs or film of students and before sharing the images in any way
– Share our policy with all staff, parents and students
- Motion Dance Academy is committed to equality of opportunity for all its members and will not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, class, gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, age, physical, mental, sensory or learning disability.
Teaching dance is a physical activity and a teacher will sometimes need to make physical contact with a student to show an idea or to correct the student’s position. This can include:
• Adjusting arms, legs, rib cage, hips, feet, hands
• Moving one student in relation to another
Where contact is needed, we will remain sensitive to the student’s wishes and put their welfare first. In all cases, we will say why and how we will be correcting the student’s position before making any contact. We encourage students to report any concerns.
For the foreseeable future, due to COVID-19, if a teacher needs to adjust a child’s positioning by coming into physical contact, they will use hand sanitizer immediately before and after such contact. It is not possible to effectively teach dance without sometimes adjusting a child’s position.
GDPR Policy (General Data Protection Regulations)
What we do and do not do at Motion Dance Academy:
• We do not disclose or sell personal data to third parties.
• We do not disclose personal data to other members of the school and their families.
• The School uses contact numbers and emails for newsletters, updates, whole school and individual communication, invoices and general information.
• Emergency parent contact numbers are given to teachers purely for the use of emergency contact only.
• Personal data and Email addresses are stored on our school computer, which is password protected and is not accessible by anyone other than the Principle.
• We do not keep any school registers or any of your data on paper, at all. Everything is stored digitally.
We collect the personal data of people making enquiries about our school, and those on the waiting list to join. These records too are stored on School Computer, which is password encrypted. Digitally stored data is deleted one year after a pupil leaves our school, or after any last contact from someone interested in joining.
With parents’ agreement, Motion Dance Academy stores images of pupils as photographs or video clips. No names are stored with images on our computer, on social media or on the website.
GDPR includes 7 rights for individuals
1) The right to be informed
Motion Dance Academy is registered with the National association of Teachers of Dance and as so, is required to collect and manage certain data. The school collects parent’s and or guardian’s names, addresses, emergency telephone numbers and email addresses. We also collect children’s’ full names, addresses, date of birth along with any other significant information you share with us, this data is also on the school computer.
2) The right of access
At any point an individual can make a request relating to their data and Motion Dance Academy will need to provide a response (within 1 month).
3) The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. However, Motion Dance Academy has a legal duty to keep student and parents details for 12 months.
4) The right to restrict processing
Parents, visitors and staff can object to Motion Dance Academy processing their data. This means that records can be stored but must not be used in any way, for example School Newsletters, General Emails about School news and updates. In this situation, The School has no obligation to refund any classes missed or cancelled due to ‘lack of communication’. It will be the parents responsibility to ensure they are informed about the termly event’s happening at the School, cancelled classes, etc.
5) Data portability
Motion Dance Academy will transfer data such as student dates of birth and exam pin number’s to the NATD to be able to enter students in NATD Exams. In this case, the NATD uses secure file transfer systems and have their own policies and procedures in place in relation to GDPR. In addition, student data will be transferred to chaperoning staff when they are working with us at a performance in a theatre or similar. This is the only time we may hold children’s names and emergency contact details on paper. This paper will be stored securely by trained and registered chaperoning staff, for the duration of a rehearsal / performance period only, and then Motion Dance Academy will ensure all paper copies are shredded.
6) The right to object
Parents, visitors and staff can object to their data being used for certain activities like marketing or research.
7) The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Automated decisions and profiling are used for marketing based organisations. Motion Dance Academy does not use personal data for such purposes.
COVID-19 PROTECTION POLICY
From January 2021, we will introduce Covid-19 infection prevention measures as follows: (These are subject to change as official advice changes.)
1. Children will be socially distanced from each other throughout class, and from the teacher.
2. For classes, there will be markings on the floor showing areas in which each child may dance. For older children, we will ensure they understand they must stay apart.
3. Hand sanitiser will be given to children to use at the start of each class. There will be further hand sanitiser available at the entrance to the hall, for you and your children to use as you wish.
4. We will clean barres between classes, and doors / door handles. Door to hall will be propped open between classes so that children/parents do not need to touch the door.
5. If we do any exercises sitting on the floor, we will use hand sanitiser immediately afterwards.
6. I would request that you respect each other’s space while waiting for children inside the building, and if there are several parents waiting then it may be better to wait outside or in your car. If you are concerned about this please do speak to Miss Mollie in advance.
7. Toilet facilities will be available at our studio as usual and cleaning materials including antibacterial sprays and wipes will be in each toilet. Please leave toilets and sinks as clean as you found them.
8. Temperature check will be compulsory for all parents and students entering the studio.
9. Please do not come to class if you are experiencing symptoms of a persistent cough, fever (temperature of 37.8 or above) or a loss of taste/smell.
Teachers will always avoid coming to face to face with a child in close proximity. We will always ensure children are staggered at the barre and do not face each other closely. Safety will remain at the forefront of our minds at all times.
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or send us mail to: [188, Manor Gardens, St Neots, PE19 1PU].
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at [email@example.com] or send us mail to: [188, Manor Gardens, St Neots, PE19 1PU].